Sunday, January 11, 2009

Absolutely too cute

Molly Bee has made the teeniest mittens, and they are so cute. Scroll down past Ben, who is also cute, but definitely not teeny. I clicked on the mitten picture for a closer look, because I thought, "Maybe I can make some of those." And maybe I can, though at the moment I have a hard time imagining I could muster the dexterity to work those itty-bitty thumbs.

*********
On the "clearing things out" front, I have (#8) a stack of magazines ready to take to the free box at the library. They could just go into the recycling, but I'd like to think that at least one other person might get some use out of them first.



Of course, this is only a temporary measure, as the magazines keep coming into the house. This makes me think I need to reconsider our subscription list.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy - I want to share one word with you; a word that revolutionized my whole concept of mitten thumbs (and glove fingers):

I-Cord.

magnusmog said...

could you offer the magazines on Freecycle? Lots of people do on my group. Or pass them on to a Day Care Nursery if they have good pictures in them for cutting out and making collages out of ......

Molly Bee said...

Hey There! Thanks for the shout out. If I can do it, you can do it. The thought of the teeny tiny thumbs is more daunting than the actual construction. As you can tell my most of mine, I enjoy knitting the thumbs so much that I can't stop and so I have monster thumbs and lobster claw mittens! If you don't have the pattern, it's on rav under 'mitten ornaments'.