Friday, January 12, 2007

Sunshine on My Shoulder Makes Me Happy

We had at least three sunny days in a row, and even though they were cold I felt warm at heart. Gosh darn it, even driving home from a tooth extraction I felt happy, because the sunlight was slanting higher over the fields. (OK, the fact that half my skull was numb helped, too).

Another thing that makes me happy is getting comments. Thanks to all who have contributed.

Calamintha made me think, I have some other family things (a couple of pieces of jewelry, a handkerchief with an edging tatted by a grandmother I hardly knew, a chest and some boxes my father made) that I should somehow document, or my daughter may never know where they came from. It is harder with my own productions. Sweaters and hats could get a label. But a lace scarf? Like Cala, I just have to resign myself to hoping that something may survive and be appreciated, even if anonymously.

To the gang from the Blogger's Paradise Blogalong I've loved reading all your entries. (but Knitbert, we're still waiting.....)

To Jr. Goddess, it might be considered justifiable homicide.

I'm still plodding away on the Tiger, Tiger Stole, only because I force myself to work on it about every other day. Thanks CatBookMom for the commiseration. Maybe it is the yarn that is jinxed.

Jaylene, the Cats in Sinks are a hoot!

One last thought. The good folks at "afghans for Afghans" have forwarded a Call for Seeds for the People of Afghanistan. I've posted the basic info here, What a lovely way to send some hope and beauty to a place where it is badly needed.

3 comments:

fleegle said...

Thanks for the compliment! Your progressive shawl is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I agree -- cold and sunny is better than warm and gray. Sunshine in the winter always makes me feel better.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the sunshine. Temperature doesn't matter; as long as the sun as shining it is a good day.