Friday, September 08, 2006

Shawl progress

The basic idea on this one is that it will progress from easier to more complex. So the center will be plain garter, and the first design challenge will be the border pattern.

Sketch, graph, swatch...fiddle with graph, swatch.



I think I have a basic border pattern down. Now about the corners.....
More charting (good thing I really do like graph paper)



What we're trying to do here is figure out where the cutoff for the corner will look best, and where to place the pattern repeat, and how many stitches I will need to pick up, so I know how big to make the center.

I think I'm almost there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at all that design talent! At the rate I'm accumulating them, I'm going to have to start a second 3inch binder for shawl patterns...

YarnThrower said...

WOW -- Designing a shawl pattern??!! You go girl! I'll enjoy watching your progress...

Cindy G said...

I have comments! You have no idea how thrilling this is! Happy, happy dance!