Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Long Haul

I have started knitting on the edging for the Progressive Lace shawl, a process that always takes longer than one might think. But I have always had a fondness for edgings, attached or otherwise. Maybe it's because a little edging from the old "Workbasket" magazine is what really hooked me on lace knitting.



This one is not an original creation. I'm working from Sharon Miller's chart, but it's an old standard, and not complex, (so much for the shawl theme), though I suppose I could argue that it introduces the techniques of working with double yarn overs and knitting on.

I'll use this around the side edges. For the top (remember all those stitches waiting on the holder?), I'll use something very narrow, possibly just a single repeat of faggoting. I'll have time to think about it as I work my way around.

No comments: