Wednesday, March 04, 2009

So who needs a Bundt pan?

I do, I do.




Seriously, what is not to like about Nordic Ware? They make great quality bakeware. They do their manufacturing in the U.S. (jobs, people); they are headquartered in Minnesota (yay); they have won state and city awards for their green practices; and did I mention that they make great products?

So when I saw that Bets is promoting a cancer research fundraiser on her blog (details here), I decided that it was finally time for this Midwesterner to get a Bundt pan. They company is giving a very generous cut to her group. The cost to me is regular retail. I do pay shipping, but I don't have to drive to Madison and go hauling through stores. I'm on it.

Now I'm off to Google a recipe for Harvey Wallbanger cake.

*********************
(I should note, that the fundraiser isn't limited to Bundt pans, it includes All the Nordic Ware products).

7 comments:

Leslie said...

That's a very classy bundt pan. Too bad I still have my 30 year-old avocado green with a not-very-banged up non-stick interior nordic ware bundt pan. I'll go and see if there's anything I do need though.

smariek said...

I love my bundt pan, and it is a real NordicWare. If you turn it over it actually says "MPLS, MN USA" on it. How cool is that? It's so hard to find stuff that is still made in the US.

My MIL recently gave DD a bunch of assorted old crayons, some were Crayola and the paper around the crayon said made in USA too (Binney & Smith Inc., Easton, PA 18042 Made in USA). . :-) Today's Crayola crayons only have their website on the paper, but the box says "Made in USA".

smariek said...

Just wanted to clarify, the crayons from my MIL were OLD crayons. They were probably old crayons that DD or my SIL used when they were kids.

junior_goddess said...

Thank you, Cindy!

I am breathlessly waiting for my package!!!

junior_goddess said...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Harvey-Wallbanger-Cake/Detail.aspx

Cheers!

Grace said...

I ordered 2 also, and bookmarked the cake recipe!!!

TracyKM said...

I received two identical bundt pans when we got married. I think I've used one maybe twice? But yours does look nicer. Mmm...a nice light cake would be nice for dessert tonight...