Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I want a mug like Linda's Mom's:

the one that says "If Librarians Ruled the World, Reading Would Be a Varsity Sport." Thanks for sharing that!


And thanks to everyone for the acquisitions brainstorming, some helpful ideas there. Now, if my funds (and our shelf space) were unlimited I would focus first on a complete collection of knitting books (and DVD's) by Wisconsin authors. There would be Elizabeth Zimmerman and Meg Swanson, of course, and Edie Eckman, Betty Christiansen (Knitting for Peace), Sheryl Theis, Susan B. Anderson, Hazel Carter... Am I missing anyone?


**************************************
It took me three days to force myself to rip back the top of my mitten, and then only about 45 minutes at most to re-knit it. Why do I put off ripping? I dunno, I'm guessing surly resentment at not having done it right in the first place. Whatever the cause of the delay, the results are definitely more satisfactory to me. That out of the way, I got rolling on the second. Once past the thumb opening, the hand pattern takes almost no thought and moves along briskly.

4 comments:

YarnThrower said...

I know what you mean about the ripping back....never as bad as it seems it will be, yet I put it off...

Elizabeth said...

Wonderful mittens. Worth the effort.

Molly Bee said...

Gorgeous mitts, Friend!

Anonymous said...

A few more sayings for you:

If men had babies, nursing would be a sacrament.

Until lions learn to write, history will always favor the hunter. (I recently bought a button with this one.)