Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Yay! My New Dishes Arrived

I've had the same set of every day dishes for 27 years. Hey, why not? I always liked them. But, while there are still seven intact dinner plates and six cups, we were down to two saucers (both chipped), two cereal bowls and two sauce dishes. So I've been looking around online for a new set for quite a while. I finally found one I liked, with the pieces I wanted, at a price I could handle. Thank you, J.C. Penny!



I wanted mugs, not cups; and cereal bowls, not soup plates. I also wanted sauce dishes, which practically no one seems to make any more, but those little "dip bowls" come close. For one brief shining moment at least, I have a full set of matching dishes for twelve. Damn, I feel civilized.



Of course I now have to get everything washed, take the remaining old dishes out of the cupboard, wipe down shelves, put the new ones away, pack up the old ones to go to the thrift store - guess I've got the rest of my day cut out for me. That's OK. I still feel like a kid with a new pony.

5 comments:

judy said...

My Grandmother would have called the little ones, berry bowls.

Leslie said...

ooooo - new dishes - pretty!!!!

I don't understand cups and saucers anymore. We've become a mug society but since they're much more practical (never mind MORE COFFEE!!) I love 'em.

Annie Pazoo said...

Tres cute! And how lucky were you to find the sauce/berry bowls? Never see those in sets anymore.

Grace said...

pretty I am in the market for them too and DS gave me a gift card to Pier One!!

Anonymous said...

Getting new dishes is such a thrill! I do it about once every ten years; yeah, call me wasteful...