Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Looking Ahead

I'm almost done with the black and blue shawl/stole. Three more repeats of the edging pattern, wash, block, weave in ends. So I've started noodling around with ideas for the second.

Just for the heck of it, I've decided that I want a wide, shallow, blunt triangle-ish thing. So I've started at the bottom with twenty some stitches, and I'm increasing one stitch at each side every row. It seems to be getting wider a little faster than I had anticipated, but I'm going to keep going. This is stash yarn I want to use up. If it doesn't make it all the way to shawl size, I'll turn it into a scarf.



The motif I'm using is "Rosebud", maybe I'll name it "Citizen Kane."

1 comment:

YarnThrower said...

Citizen Kane would be a fun name, and appropriately clever in sort of a knitterly / movie watcher kind of a way... Pretty color!