Friday, January 29, 2010

Do Over

The first go around of the Rosebud shawl made it to about four inches deep. It looked really pretty with the motifs spaced very close together. But the way they lined up meant I had to shift markers around every six rows, and that got to be a drag. Also, I found that slipping the first stitch of every row on such an oblique angle made for edges that were too tight. So I started over.


The color is really more lavender than it looks here.

Not as lacy looking, but moves along much faster. I'll be knitting on an edging when I get the center section done. I'm trusting that will tame the bit of curl at the lower edge. It will be a while before I get to that point. Those rows keep getting longer and longer.

2 comments:

Annie Pazoo said...

That looks very pretty :-)

SSK* said...

"Good knitters are good rippers." That's a direct quote from Evie Rosen from Wausau. Did you ever meet her?