Sunday, December 06, 2009

Kinda Neat

Matt Yglesias posted a link to a list of 100 Best Last Lines from Novels It's pretty cool (partly because it reminds me of how many things I haven't read, and that maybe I should go and read some of them).

I, myself would move the Huck Finn up to #2 or even #1.

100 might be too many. When speaking of literature, a "best" list that includes Richard Brautigan and Margaret Mitchell is probably too long. On the other hand, I got a kick out of "Candy" rounding out the group at #100. I'm assuming the humor of that one is entirely intentional.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I must choose a book not written in the past 10 years next time it is my turn to choose for book club. Not sure if I would pick any from this list, but it gave me something to think about. Thanks.