Monday, December 21, 2009

I haven't been knitting much, but

I've been thinking about knitting a lot.

ckknitter invited me to join a "10 shawls in 2010" group on Ravelry. First I had to think about whether I could really knit ten shawls in one year, and I thought probably not. But I visited the group and learned they set out to be a friendly, flexible bunch (no shaming if you don't complete the challenge, you just don't get a chance at any prizes). And I thought it would be fun to see what beauties everyone else comes up with. So I joined, with the mental reservation that I would just do what I could.

So now I have been thinking, "What should I do for the first one?" More specifically, who will it be for, in what shape, what size and with what yarn? What do I have in my stash with sufficient yardage (the game calls for minimum of 250 yards for eight of the ten, and 500 meters for the remaining two)? Will I go with an existing pattern, or just wing it?

I have until Jan 1 to think. Then it's time to cast on.

2 comments:

junior_goddess said...

No ravelympics, then? I think the 10 shawls in 2010 is doable if at least 1/2 of them are simple and fairly small-what's the one with the blasted nupps from IWK? You need only 500 yards for it!

Laurie said...

10 shawls in one year? I'm still working on one I started in 2008!

You can see it on Ravelry...I think my ID name is knit2purl....