Monday, August 11, 2008

Peekaboo

From the looks of things around here, you would think I hadn't been doing any knitting lately. Actually, I've been working my little fingers off on a multi-part project. It's one of those annoying "I can't show you anything yet" projects. But I decided that a little peek at a few of the toes wouldn't hurt. It's not as if it shows the fun parts, or anything.



Progress on the afghan assembly has been slow, mostly because the things attached to the toes take priority. But I have about half the lengthwise strips put together.



I didn't make all the blocks. They were made by an anonymous (to me) crocheter, or crocheters, and sent to the Craft Yarn Council of America for the Warm Up America program. I volunteered to help assemble, and the CYCA sent me a big box full. I expect they would do the same for anyone willing.

5 comments:

Molly Bee said...

Aww come on! What are all of those toes hooked to!?! Love the colors in the afghan!

Leslie said...

I won't say it but I'll think it (are you doing another sock book?).

I have had the same pair of socks going since April? Maybe May... But that's what happens with a size 0 US needle. Unfortunately, that's what the yarn needed. Thank Bob for my other projects using 5 or 10 :)

YarnThrower said...

Gobs of socks, and sewing afghan squares together... You have more fortitude than I have...

The little toes all look so great! I'm looking forward to the "big reveal."

SSK* said...

The toes look like little children tucked in for the night! After that many socks, there's no wonder you need to break and do some square assembly!

Grace said...

great accomplishments love to see what you are up too