Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Wednesday Miscellaneous

Two of my favorite things in the world are blue & white china and tulips. So you can imagine that I like this card a lot.



Of course, I love the giver an awful lot, too.

*************************************

I'm not really a "faerie" kind of person, but I'm very fond of the classic stories. And I'm especially partial to the wonderful fairy tale illustrations produced in the early part of the twentieth century. I'm not even sure how I stumbled on SurLaLune. I do know I stayed up way too late looking at pictures.

********************

I'm pretty sure I swallowed my temporary crown. It was in place when I went to Woman's Club on Monday night. It was gone when I went to bed. Note: it had already come off once as a result of foolishly biting into something I shouldn't have, and I had jammed it back in place. So it wasn't very secure. But I'm startled that I didn't notice it going down. Fortunately, my appointment to have the permanent one installed was already scheduled for Friday. I'll just tough it out until then.

********************

Thanks to Mr S's a) TV schedule awareness b) passionate love of all things British and c) special admiration of Judi Dench, we caught the first installments of "Cranford" on Masterpiece Theater. Wonderful production! Fan of Victorian literature though I am, I had never read Mrs. Gaskell, though I had vaguely heard of her. Now I'm going to have to go look for the book.

********************

It was a tease to only show the inside of the sock cuff; but I'm sending the pattern proposal off to a publisher for consideration, and I didn't want to give away too much detail. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got Cranford on Tivo and am really looking forward to it.

Molly Bee said...

Oh no! I missed Cranford! I'll have to see if they show it again before the next installment. LOVE the pic of you and Baxter knitting!

SC said...

Oooh, bummer about the temporary crown... My seven year old swallowed a couple of teeth a year or two ago, and I'm surprised he didn't notice those going down. Hopefully you won't suffer the same fate with any teeth! It's one thing to be swallowing teeth when you're under seven, but when you're in your mid twenties (as you and I both are ;-) it's a completely different story !

YarnThrower said...

Okay, so not sure what happened with the whole "sc" thing, but that was really me (Laura), and I'll try to post with my proper identity this time...

magnusmog said...

Cranford - did you catch the cat/lace/boot incident? Funniest part of a costume drama ever!

smariek said...

I just finished Cranford part 2 last night (thank goodness for Tivo!), and love it. I can't say exactly why, but I think I like Cranford more than Wives and Daughters (which was not bad at all either). I have read neither of these books; I really should seek out some of Elizabeth Gaskell's works, I have the feeling I would enjoy them tremendously.