Friday, May 23, 2008

Take Two

So.... I've re-blocked the edge. I dampened it and shaped it, and then threw in a shot of steam for good measure. Seemed to work like a charm. The top edge, she is flat. Looks nice this way, too, if I do say so myself.




Note to Ms. Bee: I will bring it to Last Saturday Knitting on the 31st. Note to everyone else: if you aren't reading Ms Bee, you are missing some seriously funny blogging.

***************************************

Until Grace mentioned it in a comment, I had completely forgotten that the 20th was "my day" on the 2008 Pattern a Day calendar. There's my little "Dazed and Confused" scarf in all it's zig-zaggy glory.





The pattern is also available as a stand alone download at Ravelry (not free, but very thrifty).


****************************************

Big thanks to Bets for the sock book shout out, made my day, especially from a woman whose taste in fine china and ability to handle firearms I admire in equal measure (and no, I'm not being sarcastic). And, oh yeah, she's a pretty awesome knitter/designer.

***************************************

It occurs to me that in the postscript to my phone company rant I used the term "working stiffs" and that it is just possible someone might misconstrue this as derogatory. So I want to make it clear: in my mind the "working stiffs" of the world are the ones who do the real work, on the front lines, don't usually get to have input on decisions even if they know more than "upper management" about the nitty-gritty of the job, do get the flack when there's a problem and more often than not aren't paid nearly what they deserve. Blue, white or pink collar, I take my hats off to them all. I've been a working stiff as often as not in my highly checkered career, and I'm proud of it.

****************************************

Well, that ended up being a pretty rambly post. Guess I'll just hush up now.

6 comments:

YarnThrower said...

I like your rambly posts! I also like the shawl with the flat edge, though I agree it works fine a bit rolled, too. Nice to have **options**!!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, yes, the flat edge just has a "little something" that makes it look so pretty. I can't wait to see it next weekend.

And I feel your pain... I had my own version of your phone company nightmare; in short: MS-Blaster worm, Jay's Birthday off, and 8+ hours on hold with Compaq tech support. I never want to hear another Yanni song again.

Molly Bee said...

Thanks for the shout out! I didn't think I could love that shawl more but then you went and did it! I like the flatter edge even more! Can't wait to see it in person!

magnusmog said...

Do you know that they sell your sock book in the UK too?!

Grace said...

love the triangle scarf its just adorable, can't wait til you introduce the pattern!!!

smariek said...

Your Hudson River Shawl is pretty in that blue colorway.