Thursday, May 01, 2008

Every time I try

to untangle a particularly nasty yarn mess, I think of Alexander the Great. Cutting the Gordian Knot was such a cop out. Unless it was cobweb weight. In a slightly fuzzy wool that wants to stick to itself. In that case, he was completely justified.


***************




This bunch wasn't difficult, though it took a lot of winding (there are at least that many more in another bag). More scraps, but I don't think I'll be using them for hats. They are acrylic, and not suitable for afghans for Afghans or Dulaan. It's possible I might come across another organization that's looking for acrylic hats, but I have more than enough wool scraps to keep me busy for a long time. So these will be "used up" in another way. I'll send them to school with Mr S. The teachers are always glad to get craft supplies. They'll be put to good use.

****************
My new set up.


Can you see the yarn running directly from the swift to the knitting in progress? This makes the knitting totally non-portable, but that's OK. I wasn't planning to take it anywhere. And it means that the swift is pretty much tied up until I finish, but that's OK, too. I'm not planning on needing it until I get this project finished. I just didn't feel like doing any more winding today.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That looks like a totally comfy knitting chair. Perfect set up!

Sandra said...

I send all my scraps and unwanted yarn to the school with my son - they love it!

YarnThrower said...

At my house, my kids would try to walk *between* the chair and the swift as I am knitting, giggling the whole time...