Monday, September 01, 2008

Progress report



I finished to towel topper. It's not so pretty, but it holds the towel to the fridge door, which is the main thing. If I do this again I will sew the blanket stitches closer together, and start them at the very edge of the towel. Will also make the top section longer. And rethink the way I handled the way the button relates to the buttonhole. In other words, do just about everything differently. But what the heck. The towel is staying where I want it.



I was happier with the way the little mini-purse came out. This is a pattern I originally designed for a beginning knitting class, so the button is purely decorative (no messing with a buttonhole here). I'm sending it off to see if the Pattern A Day Calendar people would like to use it for their 2010 edition.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Towel toppers are so handy. I need to make some more.

Your mini purse looks about the right size for a Blackberry or an iPod. Perfect size, in other words.

CatBookMom said...

Small world. I just finished a couple of towel toppers for my uncle. I asked my senior friend, who gave us a couple for a gift a while ago for the pattern. She said she just looked at one she'd bought at a boutique and winged it. So I did the same. Using her method, I got 2 towels from one lightweight one I found at Anna's Linens for $1. I'll post pix on the blog when I find the right buttons.

Yours looks good, and the little purse looks so cute. I like the combination of textures.

YarnThrower said...

Very cute purse! I like the comment about using it for an iPod!

I like the towel, too. That's the thing about winging a new pattern, eh? -- sometimes it works out great, and sometimes it teaches us better ways to do things... I think it looks great, none-the-less. I'd put one on my refrigerator, too, if I wasn't so certain that one of the boys would get it caught in the refrigerator door, and then the door would be open for hours before I noticed...

magnusmog said...

what a sensible idea - why have I never heard of this towel topper before?!