Thursday, January 17, 2008

Warm Ears

I had somewhere in the range of 45 - 50 yards of knittydirtygirl's handspun left after making the cuffs for the ribbed mittens. What to do with it?

I often wear my hair clipped at the top of my head. This makes it hard to wear a hat.


Note expression of intense concentration as I try to take photo in mirror with camera at arm's length.

How about a headband/earwarmer thingy? After one false start (too narrow), it didn't take me much more than an hour to finish this.



Looks kind of like a slug just laying there, doesn't it? Here's the artsy shot.



Wear with button in back or button in front?



60's downhill vs homage to Lucy




Either way, I'll have warm ears. Good thing, because it is cold out.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I like the Lucy look :)

Molly Bee said...

VERY COOL! (And since it's very very cool today, you'll need it!) :-)

magnusmog said...

I've got some lovely 1950's Vogue knitting patterns and I'm sure they have very similar things - tres chic :)

YarnThrower said...

It is C-O-L-D INDEED!! Cute headband!