Thursday, September 06, 2007

I haven't really dropped off the face of the earth. I just got diverted. Mostly, I've spent the last week out in the yard pruneing back overgrown foundation plantings, "re-grading" around the house with spade and rake in an attempt to ensure that surface water doesn't pool around the house, caulking some cracks around the front step, fighting off mosquitoes..... I'm determined to get this wet basement thing licked. If this doesn't do it we'll have to bring in the contractors.


***************

I'm really pleased and excited to have been accepted as an "Aspiring Associate" member of the Association of Knitwear Designers (AKD).


***************

The only actual knitting I have done recently is on the Red Scarf. The pattern is pulling in more than I had anticipated (having forgotten the old rule of thumb that says the longer your ribbing is, the more it pulls in).





I'm wishful-thinking it will block out, but just to be sure I'm going to block what I have "on needle" before I go much further with it. This is what it looks like smooshed flat, a nice zig-zag of alternating stockinette and reverse stockinette with a single knit and purl between.




3 comments:

YarnThrower said...

Congrats on your membership as an aspiring associate! I know you'll make it to the professional level, if that's what your goal is.

Good luck with fixing your water issue. It sounds like a nightmare! It was raining pretty heavily here for a few minutes earlier tonight -- in a few months, this could all be snow!

Christine said...

Cindy, Congratulations on your aspiring associate membership! That's wonderful, and I know you'll rise as high as you want within the organization. Your knitting is always an inspiration to me.

magnusmog said...

Congratulations :)