Friday, May 14, 2010

About Those Needles

Kmkat asked about the double points shown in the post below. They are Swallow Casein Needles, made in Australia and purchased so long ago that I don't remember where, though I'm pretty sure it was from a catalog or online.

They are warm to use, not slippery, and the tips are rather on the blunt side. I don't use them often, mostly because I like sharper tips for most purposes, but for the right project (like almost complete stockinette) they are very nice. And they are pretty.

Some cats want to chew on them. Casein is a milk protein. Maybe the cats can tell.

Out of curiosity, I Googled to see if I could locate an online source. Didn't come up with much of anything, though the company website shows up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so thoughtful -- thanks!