Wednesday, July 07, 2010

I Finished the Toe-Up Socks

with an eyelet ribbing. Even plain Jane, essentially functional socks can use a little decorative touch.



Now I'm faced with some organizational challenges.

I need to pack for Knitting Camp. I'll be leaving a week from tomorrow. Unfortunately, I tend to be a terrible over-packer who still manages to forget something essential. So I've started some lists. But my impulse is still to throw in every knitting needle I own and half the yarn. I'm going to need to narrow things down.

My other, bigger challenge is preparing for the window installation project. It's scheduled for the 27th. We're supposed to move everything three feet away from the windows being replaced. Ha! this is a small house. In the upstairs rooms, no window is more than 4 feet away from a wall (in some cases much closer), and the limited wall space, as well as the space in front of the windows is occupied by furniture and stacks of stuff. It's the stacks of stuff that are probably the major problem (especially in my workroom). So I'm trying to get a head start on clearing some of that out. Sisyphus had it easy.

No comments: